Hey all,

I'm victim of one of those non-standard, quick-fixes that became dogma that
I mentioned the other day. I'm trying to remove all of the custom
authorization/authentication and ACL stuff from an application and replace
it with SfGuard, so that I have a more easily maintainable application, and
so that I can use Symfony's security.yml to apply security settings in a
much more flexible manner.

Anyway, taking a look at sfGuard, I see that it has both groups and
permissions (tables), but there is nothing in the Wiki that mentions how
these work, or what the purpose of them is - I would expect permissions to
map directly to credentials, but there doesn't appear to be any relationship
at all (at least, not documented) - so what *IS* the use of groups and
permissions in sfGuard?

Is there some more thorough documentation somewhere? And do I still need to
declare credentials programmatically? That seems a little clunky :-/

Thanks in advance...