Im trying to add some global methods to all my actions via  mixin. I havent
really done any logic yet I was just trying to test it out, but it doesn't
seem to be working. It just thinks the action doesn't exist ive tried the
following two approaches:

//in apps/appname/config/config.php
sfMixer::register('sfActions', array('GlobalActions',
'executeMyGlobalAction'));

//global actions class

class GlobalActions {
    public function executeMyGlobalAction()
    {
        throw new sfException('Found the mixin!');
    }
}

so if I then try to access like: appname_dev.php/mymodule/myGlobalAction
I just get a 404 - in the logs and messages it says action doesn't exists so
apparently its not getting the mixin.

I notice the hooks seem to be in sfComponent which is extended by sfAction
and then sfActions. I also tried registering the method on the two higher
level classes to no avail - ive also tried changing the method im testing
with to static. none of this seemed to work.. I still just get a 404 page.

Im sure there is something im completely clueless to in regards to how
actions/controllers in symfony work and some fuzziness on mixins so any help
and/or ridicule of ignorance is welcome :-)

-ant