Hi Gunnar

You're right, I checked the Ubuntu installation for the PHP version
and it was 5.2.1! Thanks!
Since I'm using a XAMPP like package called MAMP, downgrading won't be
possible.

I tried changing the date in the schema to something else (the Unix
epoch, 1970-01-01) and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks for all the help

Cheers :-)