I'm looking for a excellent developer to come and work with me.

Just email me if you want more info or want to apply.

Although this is for a full time position we may also need a contractor
for a period of time so if you are available to work with us in our
office in London then drop me an email.

Gavin

----
Join an exciting internet start-up in the early stages and help us build
a fantastic business. Buildersite.co.uk is a marketplace for
construction and home improvement projects, bringing homeowners and
tradesmen together. The company was founded by an American stonemason
after his frustration with the poor state of builders' reputations in
the UK. Buildersite was a winner at Seedcamp, the Europe-wide funding
competition for Internet Start-ups.

We are looking for an outstanding PHP programmer to come on board and
work with our technical director to improve www.buildersite.co.uk and
its associated systems.

Some key goals for our developers is to ensure that any code they create
is easy to maintain and scaleable. To help you acheive this, we make use
of modern object orientated techniques and the symfony framework. If you
came on board you would be a key member of staff and the lead developer
of the application.

This is a full time office based position in London for a start up. You
should be prepared to work hard to help us get the system ready.

Required skills/experience
* Excellent PHP (Ideally 3+ years commercial experience building medium
   to large web applications)
* Good knowledge and experience of the symfony framework (Unfortunately
   we really need someone who has used symfony, preferable having built
   large systems with it)
* Good javascript (We use javascript and ajax where appropriate)
* Good XHTML/HTML (The ability to hand code them)
* A good understanding of SQL and Databases (in particular PostgresSQL &
   MySQL)
* Good written and oral communication skills (In english, additional
   languages are an advantage)
* A drive to learn new things and improve your technical skills
* Good problem solving skills without requiring direction

Desired skills/experience
* Computer Science Degree (Although not essential, having a CS degree
will put you ahead)
* Design and Usability (You don't need to be able to design but it is a
   big plus if you can)
* An understanding of the construction industry
* Knowledge of apache, debian and systems administration
* A good understanding of natural SEO

We are offering a competitive salary which will be based on your level
of experience and value we think you will bring to the business.

A share options scheme is also currently being set up and a number of
options may be included in your package.

Please note we can only consider you if you have the right to work in
the UK/EU.