From: symfony-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of pihentagy
Sent: 06 February 2008 18:03
To: symfony users
Subject: [symfony-users] (SQL) exception handling + locking

Hi all!

I'm reading the tutorials and I cannot find the section, when it is
about exceptions (maybe I am overlooked it?)
How symfony (and propel) handles exceptions in the SQL statements?
What if there is an update, and the object in question is deleted in
the meantime?

Contrary, I am suprised, that retrieveByPK simply returns null, when
the object with the PK does not exist! This way, I need to check the
return value over and over against null. My opinion, that it would be
safer to throw a (DataNotFound) exception in this case. What are the
pros and cons?

And what about consistency? Say request A loads an object, then
request B loads the same object. Then request B changes the object,
and finally request A want to save... Will it simply overwrite it? Is
there an optimistic locking implemented?

thanks
Gergo