At 05:24 07/02/2008, you wrote:
>I was going to look into django and python when I saw this?
>
>http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/01/1624247
>
>Should I be worried?

No, read the comments. As usual with Slashdot it's an alarmist
popularist news story to get a response.

In short, the Python team are doing what's needed to move the
language forward, and what I believe the PHP team should have done
between PHP4 and PHP5, in order to prevent the crazy situation of
still having to write PHP4-compatible sites today in 2008 (yes I do
have to do it for some clients).

Rant over :)

Peter

--
Maple Design Ltd - Web design and application development
http://www.mapledesign.co.uk

Reg. in England no. 05920531