Sumedh wrote:
> Okk...Thanks a lot Ian and Lee...
>
> And how do file sessions compare with DB sessions?

I actually don't expect a huge difference to be honest.  Not in the
whole scheme of things when it comes to the time spent doign other parts
of your app.   I use database sessions for larger sites, as it's easier
to scale.  It's a key based lookup in the database, so the query is
fast.  Locking can be an issue on some file systems for file based
sessions I think.  Files can start to slow down a FS when there's more
then a few thousand  files in one directory on some file systems....

If you benchmark it, or find some benchmarks on google, I'll be
interested to know!

I think maybe memcache is the 'best' solution when workign with
scalability and speed - but there's overhead in connecting to a memcache
server, so if your application is already connected to a database, and
not a memcache server, perhaps just using the database is better.....

So, short answer, I don't know - but there's food for thought at least :)

--

Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk