Hi all,

I'm trying to tie a shipping live-lookup API into my application via
XML, and I was wondering how I'd best go about generating that XML to
be sent out via curl..
Ideally I'd like to use the template system for this, so that I can
have a different XML template for each service provider (ups, fedex
etc), and I know there is a plugin to capture the output of an
action.. so would this be the best route for me?
Or is there a way to just populate and compile a template from within
a regular class (my shipping API class for example) instead of an
action, so I wouldn't have to use a whole module for this and possibly
turn it into a plugin?

Thanks for help,
have a great day.

Daniel