Hi all,

I noticed that when I turn on output escaping, some variables that
used to be booleans are turned into arrays in my templates.

For example, if I populate a template as such:

//action code
$this -> users = UserPeer::getAll();

in the template I used to be able to do this:

//template
if( $users ) {
//list users
} else {
echo "No users on file";
}

When I set output escaping to "both", the variable $users becomes an
empty array, so the template condition equates to true but there's
nothing to loop..
Sure I can count the array and base my condition on that, but the
short syntax was more convenient (albeit not escaped with "both")..

Any thoughts what's going on here?

Thanks, and have a great night.
Daniel