Hi,

the following might help you : http://trac.symfony-project.com/wiki/HowToRedirectPublicHtmlToWebFolder

Regards
Guy

Marco Schierhorn wrote:
Hi,

i have some problems with running symfony on a subdomain.
I have created a subdomain which points
to /kunden/80049_40667/webseiten/dcytest/web
The domain is http://dcytest.esv-media.de/
Symfony is installed in /kunden/80049_40667/webseiten/dcytest

This is my .htaccess File :

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase /

  # we skip all files with .something
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \..+$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.html$
  RewriteRule .* - [L]

  # we check if the .html version is here (caching)
  RewriteRule ^$ /index.html [QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ /$1.html [QSA]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

  # no, so we redirect to our front web controller
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^frontend_dev\.php/(.*)$ frontend_dev.php [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

# big crash from our front web controller
ErrorDocument 500 "<h2>Application error</h2>symfony application failed
to start properly"[QSA,L]

Did I put something wrong in it?
When I change some values i get a 500 error.
Do you have some hints or suggestions?

Regards,
Marco