Michael,

I am glad you fine the plugin fits your needs. The cache factory comes from
my branch. This can be safely ignored in the sample app. There is no setting
for caching config files in apc instead of disk. In mose cases, this does
not make sense, as the cached files contain php code and not cacheable data.
The apc cache in the ysfDimensionsPlugin, simply caches the dimensions
configuration and the paths to configuration files (not the files
themselves). Since the ysfDimensionsPlugin extends the configuration
cascade, there is no reason to recalculate every request.

For the i18n, routing, and view_cache factories you can change the cache
instances to use apc, see:

all:
  view_cache:
    class: sfAPCCache        # cache class: sfAPCCache, sfXCacheCache
    param:
      lifetime:  31556926               # default cache ttl
      prefix:    %SF_APP_DIR%/template  # prefix

  i18n:
    class: sfI18N
    param:
      cache:
        class: sfAPCCache
        param:
          lifetime:                  31556926
          prefix:                    %SF_APP_DIR%/i18n

  routing:
    class: sfPatternRouting
    param:
      cache:
        class: sfAPCCache
        param:
          lifetime:                  31556926
          prefix:                    %SF_APP_DIR%/routing

Cheers,

Dustin