I have a form for propel object.

It has an avatar field, which is a path to its file. It works great, but I
dont want this field to be updated, when I'm not upload file.
Currently it overwrites old value with an empy record.

Can anybody tell me what can I do about this?

P.S.
Im handling file upload in actions.php according to the manual

$this->form->bind($requestFormData, $request->getFiles('profile'));
          if ($this->form->isValid())
          {
               $file = $this->form->getValue('avatar');
               if (!is_null($file)){
                   $filename = 'uploaded_'.sha1($file->getOriginalName());
                   $extension =
$file->getExtension($file->getOriginalExtension());

$file->save(sfConfig::get('sf_upload_dir').'/'.$filename.$extension);
               }else{

               }
         $profile = $this->form->save();
          }