A bad thing indeed, but...

In a perfect world, you would test on the development server, and
deploy on the prod server when your code is bug free. However, for
various reasons (ie: error while manually syncing the prod tables with
dev) , you sometimes have a working site on dev and a blank page , or
internal server error on prod, which is really a hassle, because
you're out in the wild without your debug toolbar...

So my question is : what do you usually check / do when prod is
broken ?

for example :

- Without display_errors=1 (I think that's the case on most prod
servers) a bad DB connection causes a fatal error, hence a blank page,
so that's one of the things I'd check first.
- Enable symfony logs, and check them
- Some people upload the dev controller to have more info, ( and yes,
they usually repent after telling me so ..! )

jukea