I have not fully understood how to configure pear install for both
symfony 1.0 and 1.1 at the same time.

So in the meantime, just use the "easy way", the svn checkout

svn co http://svn.symfony-project.com/plugins/sfEasyGMapPlugin/trunk/
plugins/sfEasyGMapPlugin
ln -s ../plugins/sfEasyGMapPlugin/web web/sfEasyGMapPlugin
php symfony cc

This should work under 1.0 !

Fabrice