Hello Julien,
The file name is changed since he's encoded via sha1() function (
http://fr2.php.net/manual/en/function.sha1.php) by default.

I think it's not recommended to keep the original file name (name conflict,
security...), but you can customise the filename via the generator.yml :

generator:
  class:                    sfPropelAdminGenerator
  param:
    model_class:      Example
    theme:                default

    edit:
      fields:
        pdf:
          type:              admin_input_file_tag
          upload_dir:   pdf_files
          filename:      pdf_%%id%%
          params:        include_link=user_pics include_remove=true

For the third record of your database, the filename will be "pdf_3.pdf".

Take a look here :
http://www.symfony-project.org/forum/index.php/m/54777