Hello, by reading the source code I think you should try try saving
the object and then issuing $object->setPrimaryKey(6); and then save
again. I did not dig more to see if that would work but give it a try.
Also, I woul try setting defaultIdMethod="none" in your schema file
(at the very top, it is not most probably set to "native").

Hope that helps.
Kiril