On Nov 12, 4:33 am, Frank Stelzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our IT director is a performance freak (ok, we too) and thinks that
> processing a page is slower, when a web server has to manage the cache
> folder on its own.

Hmm... I would think the overhead of communicating when using a shared
cache would actually make it slower?

> Our main problem is still, that each of our web server has to manage
> its own cache folder. That means, that a web server has to process the
> caching files very often, also another web server has generated those
> files already. We even have the problem that sometimes an error
> occures while a web server generate its cache files and the web server
> is broken then, due to our heavy traffic.

Are you using load balancers? If so, you can take each machine out of
the active group when clearing/updating cache. Also consider using
SQLite on a ramdisk for caching (Database is in memory so its fast and
clearing cache means simply deleting ONE file).