yes, it seems it's a bug, already known / don't know if reported which
quotes the dsn
http://www.symfony-project.org/forum/index.php/m/66290/

anyways Sid,

you have to edit manually the configuration(s) file inside config/

i would suggest that you place a "catchy" subject in your email(s) e.g.
error: configure:database quotes the
dsn so someone who's scanning the list could make things happen for you
inside svn

*databases.yml*

all:
  propel:
    class:          sfPropelDatabase
    param:
      dsn:          mysql://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/mydatabasename

*propel.ini*

propel.database            = mysql
propel.database.createUrl  = mysql://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
propel.database.url        = mysql://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/mydatabasename
propel.output.dir              = /home/where/your-www-data-is/project_name