You could also try Komodo Edit (the free editor), just add symfony dir to
Project>Languages>Php directories.
I found it useful and rapid when i'm not debugging.
Since Zend Studio doesn't play with xdebug, i use Komodo IDE for debugging
sessions.

What i miss from Zend Studio is the "debug next page" integration with the
browser as remote debugging, useful for debugging form submision / action
processing.

Anyone had success with Eclipse PDT / Zend Studio for Eclipse / Aptana along
with remote debugging?