Hi,
Occasionally after clearing the symfony cache I get syntax errors in
the generated cached config files.

I think what is happening is that in a concurrent environment like
Apache, as the first process is regenerating the config file in the
sfFileCache->write method the next process, performs the is_readable
check in the sfConfigCache->checkConfig method, which would pass
because the first process has now created the file and started writing
it.  But when the second process goes to require_once the file its
finds that its only half written and dies with a syntax error.

It seems that the sfFileCache ->write method should write to a
temporary file and then rename it into the correct place once its
finished writing it.  This would stop the is_readable check returning
true until the file was really ready.

Has anyone else had this issue, and come up with any solutions.  I'm
seeing it in Symfony 1.0, but looking at the 1.2 code base it would
have the same issue.