Patter,
 Did you happen to email this week?  Someone emailed me regarding this
issue, and I just went to reply but I can't find the email.  If it was
or wasn't you, according to a changeset I have from a month or two ago
I did get it to work correctly; however, I'm not exactly sure what I
did. If you give me a day or two I'm going to be doing the exact same
thing again for sfDoctrineUserPlugin to finish up some of the backend
functionality and I'll point you towards the code on the symfony trac
servers.  It will have the exact same example you're looking for,
especially since my User has Phones (1-n) which will need to be able
to be added and deleted.

--
Stephen Ostrow <sost...@sowebdesigns.com>