This seems to be some kind of server setting or something I have missed.
More info:

- If I enter the URL www.domain.com/module/action into my browser I get not
found errors.
- If I enter www.domain.com/index.php/module/action then the page loads but
the dynamically loaded ajax div that is supposed to load as part of it does
not as it tries to load another action in that space, probably using the url
www.domain.com/module/action with no index.php.
- We used to have our login form action use a redirect after successful
login and I tehn altered it to use a forward instead and it now loads the
default module/action but still with that ajax div showing page not found as
per my previous mail.

Somewhere along the way something is not setting the routing to use
index.php as a part of the url and I cannot figure out where. Please help
anyone :(