2009/3/26 Benjamin <agtle...@gmail.com>:

> This question may be unrelated to symfony, and more related to
> database abstraction, but I'm wondering why I should pull the table
> names from the model.  I've been programming for a long time and have
> never seen anyone need to use dyamic table names except when they have
> prefixes on them that can change.

It's incase you ever want to rename a column, or table.  If you do it
like this, you could change name to 'first_name', for example.

If you don't think the table name will ever change, it's up to you if
you don't want to do it :)

--
Blog: http://pookey.co.uk/blog
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ipchristian