Without knowing what your filter does, it's pretty difficult to
diagnose.

I'd start by adding a log method into your filter, and logging at the
beginning of all of it's methods. You should then be able to see in
the log messages in the web debug toolbar if the filter ever get
instantiated.

However, this does sound like a pretty basic error - are you sure you
copied the filter to the second machine?