Hi,

Some of you have probably already heard a little bit about Sympal, but I'd
like to formally introduce you to it now.

Sympal is the product of dozens upon dozens of CMS type
websites/applications built on top of symfony. As I built each new project
with the same ideas, the implementation and structure of the system grew
strong. So, I decided to take those same ideas I had built over and over and
re-build it all again from scratch. The name "Sympal" was born through the
idea of having a Drupal-like interface built on top of Symfony. This idea
started as a small sfSympalPlugin and has grown to be a collection of Sympal
plugins that extend the entire Symfony platform to give you dozens of tools
at your finger tips to assist with rapidly building content based web
applications.

The development is still in the beta stages but the feature list for 1.0 has
pretty much been frozen. I am not in stability/bug fix mode and am beta
testing by building sites and having people/companies try it on projects as
well. You can help by doing the same :) and reporting any bugs you
encounter, as well as features you'd like to see in the next version. Below
are some links to get started with Sympal.

 - Website - http://www.sympalphp.org/
 - Trac - http://trac.jwage.com/sympal/
 - Documentation - http://www.sympalphp.org/documentation/en/
 - The Book - http://www.sympalphp.org/documentation/book/en
 - Sympal Plugins - http://www.sympalphp.org/plugins
 - Preview(screenshots and screencasts) -
http://www.sympalphp.org/preview/en
 - Features - http://www.sympalphp.org/features

Thanks, Jon

--
Jonathan H. Wage
Open Source Software Developer & Evangelist