On May 18, 4:43 pm, Eno <symb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009, Lawrence wrote:
> > mybai...@mybailiwick.com [~/home/sfprojects/bw2]# php -v
> > PHP 5.2.9 (cgi-fcgi) (built: May 18 2009 02:46:53)
> > Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
> > Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
>
> > But this just started a few days ago. The problem wasn't there last
> > week.
>
> So there's been no software updates? What's weird is, on most platforms,
> the CGI binary is called php-cgi and the command-line is called just php.

Well, I don't know. We keep the Symfony project in Subversion, but we
don't keep the whole server in Subversion, so there could have been
updates outside of the Symfony project. For that matter, if someone
edited any of the core Symfony files, that too would not show up in
Subversion.

> Obviously, on your system, "php" is a CGI binary. On my system, php is a
> symbolic link to /usr/lib/php5/bin/php - maybe on yours its erroneously
> pointing to php-cgi instead. Or maybe you have an alias in play. I would
> also check what symfony is using as a path to the php binary.

On our server:

$ which php
/usr/bin/php

$ file /usr/bin/php
/usr/bin/php: symbolic link to `/ramdisk/bin/php5'

$ file /ramdisk/bin/php5
/ramdisk/bin/php5: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
not stripped