Hello everyone,

I recently started implementing sfDoctrineGuardPlugin on the intranet
of the company I work for. Currently, their database of employees is
separated in two main models: Department and Employee. A Department
has many Positions and a Position has many employees.

When implementing sfDoctrineGuard, I linked the sfGuardUser model to
the Employee model (so the Employee model is the "profile" class for
sfGuardUser), and that is fine.

Now, I wanted to link the Department model to the sfGuardGroup model.
In other words, I'd like each Department to have a default set of
permissions (set in a related sfGuardGroup) so that every Employee in
that Department shares the same permissions on the site.

Is there a way to do that? IMO, the best would be to create a 1:1
relationship between a Department and a sfGuardGroup. When creating an
Employee, I could then find the sfGuardGroup related to the Department
he's being added to and setting it to his sfGuardUser.

Did I make sense? :)

Thanks
Campezzi