Lawrence,
propel:data-dump and propel-build-all-load works great for a small
database. Once your database reaches a certain size, this method is no
longer feasible as you continue to get php out of memory errors.

With a php.ini max memory set to 128mb, Ive found I usually reach this
limit when the database dump gets to around 10meg in size (you are
talking an average ~20,000 rows across your tables, where a table
might contain an average of 5/6 columns).

Once you hit these size limitations, using slinky66's method seems the
best way to go for me... (medium sized db's)

and I guess once that gets too big (large sized db's - 1m rows+) then
James Cauwelier's method seems like the way to go...

Would be interested to hear how other big sites handle this...

Sherif