OK,

It seems that my model was generated outside the standard lib.model
PHP package defined in propel.ini. When I generated my model using
lib.model, all worked.

So my question now is how to configure propel to generate model
classes outside the default lib.model package in a way that the admin
generator can find them? I've tried changing inside propel.ini without
success.

Thanks,
Gustavo