On 28 Jun 2009, at 00:13, Marius Rugan wrote:

>  having tried implementing magento, two times until i dropped it out
> completely, i can say for me it didn't work because whatever you do,
> it's too damn slow. You need a virtual machine 1GB+ RAM and up with
> all the possible tinkering under the hood still is java-like slow.
> To me it's not acceptable

Really? I've been developing with Magento in a 384MB VMWare image for
MONTHS and it's fine... I even saw a Zend guy benchmark Magento
running on his crappy Lenovo laptop at 200 pages/sec. Not sure what
you're doing wrong there...

On 27 Jun 2009, at 21:21, Pablo Godel wrote:

>  I think it could do better than others, including Magento,
> which has tons of features, but it is slow and complex.

Ironically, these are the exact same reasons many people don't adopt
Symfony. I don't think that's a particularly compelling reason. Why
not use CI or Kohana? they're MUCH faster :)

But, luckily - AS AN END USER - you don't CARE what framework an
application is built upon.

If you want to go ahead an make a Symfony based ecommece solution,
then go ahead. But I *really* recommend you do some due diligence and
make *exhaustive* research into the existing solutions available - and
compare these from the perspective of an end user - before you begin
coding.