Hi.

I have a question about embedding and binding forms.

Firstly, my model is basically:

Product has many Criteria has many Options.

So, following the tutorial at sandbox-ws.com [1] on embedding forms in
sf 1.2, I do the following:

1. Create Product form

2. Embed Product->Criteria forms into Product form

3. Add new Criterion form and embed it into Product form

Now, having done this, I need to override the bind() method of the
Product form to account for whether or not the new Criterion form was used.

Ok, so far.

Now, for each Product->Criteria form, I embed Product->Criteria->Options
forms including a blank one.

Now according to this thread [2] only the bind() method of the main form
is called. So instead of being able to update the bind() method of the
Criterion form, I have to, in my opinion, put it all in the main form
bind() method.

I guess my question is, what was the reasoning behind this, and wouldn't
it be better to be able to keep all the relevant information for each
form in it's associated bind() method?

Thanks,

Tom

[1]