Hi!
I'm an absolute beginner to symfony framework. I have business reasons
(currently not solvable) for developing a project in joomla and a php
framework. I chose Symfony.

I tested the plugin sfJoomla15BridgePlugin, but it transforms a simple
request to joomla in a NEW request sent to symfony (with curl
functions). In my opinion this isn't a good choice because of the
obvious problems of performance (threads, memory, etc.).

So i'm looking for a new solution to develop with the two systems
(Joomla-Symfony). I think that the only way to avoid a new request is
calling manually the symfony environment from a joomla component with
a require/include. Then, i should configure the routing rules in
symfony to decode a "joomla formatted get" or, but i don't know the
method, manually call the symfony environment in a similar way to the
cakePHP functions "HTML_cake::requestCakePHP" (you can see this at '
http://www.gigapromoters.com/blog/2007/01/28/joining-powers- of-two-
great-systems-joomla-and-cakephp/').

In both cases, i tested a simple "require" in a joomla component to
include the symfony index.php (eventually renamed). This is my hard
problem: a lot of error messages!

Here the details:

- joomla installed in my apache web root
- symfony installed in my apache web root with index renamed
- when the url has "option=com_symfony" joomla redirects control to a
component that includes the symfony index renamed

Here my tests:

1) i used a simple "include" or "require"
2) i called in sequence "ob_start", "include", "ob_get_contents",
"ob_end_clean"
3) I also tried to call directly the "index symfony" from the "joomla
index" page (without using the joomla component)

Here some error messages:

- Strict standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be
called statically in C:\web\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries\joomla
\import.php on line 29
- Strict standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not
be called statically in C:\web\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries
\loader.php on line 71
- Fatal error: Class 'JRequest' not found in C:\web\web_out\sfproject
\web\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 33
- Strict standards: Non-static method JApplicationHelper::getPath()
should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible
context in C:\web\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries\joomla\application
\co mponent\helper.php on line 168
- Strict standards: Non-static method JRequest::getCmd() should not be
called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\web
\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries\joomla\application\he lper.php on
line 112
- Strict standards: Non-static method JApplicationHelper::_checkPath()
should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible
context in C:\web\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries\joomla\application
\he lper.php on line 133
- Strict standards: Non-static method JFactory::getConfig() should not
be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:
\web\web_out\sfproject\web\libraries\joomla\application\ap
plication.php on line 384

and many others...

You can tell me if I can solve these problems? Are Joomla and Symfony
compatibles?

Sorry for my bad english and for the long post. I hope everything is
clear.

Thanks in advance.