Hey Germana,

you can create your own form, extending the sfGuardUserFilterForm and
make your modifications from inside that form.

Look at the formatter classes to see what format settings you can
customize.. for example:
$this -> widgetSchema -> getFormFormatter() -> setErrorListFormatInARow
("  <ul class=\"error\">\n%errors%  </ul>\n");
There's lots more.

Then you need to specify your form in the generator.yml file under

filters:
  class:  myForm

That should give you all you need.
Have a great day,