I was pursuing a rare bug involved with saving a form, so I opened
sfForm.class.php and I added in a print_r() statement:

public function getErrorSchema()
{

echo " the error schema: ";
print_r($this->errorSchema);
die();

    return $this->errorSchema;
}

I simply wanted to see what the errorSchema was.

So, having changed sfForm.class.php, I tested the form again, hit
submit, and the object internals began to dump to the screen. This
went on for a long time. I got up and went and watched some
television. I'd come back during the commercials, and the data was
still being dumped to the browser. 40 minutes went by before it seemed
to stop. FireFox became so overwhelmed with info that it stopped
responding. I had to do "ps aux" to get the PID, so I could "kill"
FireFox from the terminal.

The dev site is on my machine. So there are no issues with network
speed, as the data is not going over a network. I've got the whole
LAMP stack running on my Ubunutu machine. I'm running Symfony 1.2.7.

How is it possible that the errorSchema could hold such an insane
amount of data? This attacks my intuition. Does it strike anyone else
as extraordinary that the print_r() statement might take 40 minutes to
complete?