I would not share the cache folder of a symfony application. The risk
for dead locks is too big, like you have experienced it.

I would do this:
- define the cache folder to a local and not shared directory like /
tmp/someproject/cache
- purge all your caches when you have deployed something (otherwise a
webserver may not have a up-to-date cache)