Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

I've actually written a few form decorators, and like I said, I like
them and for my purposes all is good. However, the end result is
usually still a "lenghty" form (since it's always generated in a
loop). As the symfony documentation recommends, I'm looking to allow
my designer to go down the route of "handcoding" the form elements in
place. Sometimes you just need that control..

However, I don't want him to start from scratch.
What I would like is a generator, that gets me this far:
http://www.symfony-project.org/forms/1_2/en/03-Forms-for-web-Designers#chapter_03_sub_using_the_render_method_on_a_field

Basically, an html structure with php intact. That's all :)

I'm sure that's possible, and I'll figure it out if I have to, but I
was just wondering if something like this already exists, or where I
may look for resources.
Looks like I'll be taking my first steps on this.. I'll keep you
posted. Might be a plugin in the works.

Daniel