On Sep 4, 2009, at 11:20 AM, ColinFine wrote:
> On Sep 4, 4:01 am, Robert Aceti <bob...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> Which Linux server is best tuned (less bugs from server os) to
>> develop
>> in symfony?
>>

> I don't think there is an answer. Particular versions of particular
> distributions might have particular bugs which might impact something
> you do in Symfony, but all those 'mights' in there make it unlikely
> there's a general answer.
>
> Certainly I have developed in Fedora 8 and 10, and then released on
> FreeBSD, which is where my colleagues are developing; and I have never
> noticed a problem which I think of as an OS problem.

I've run symfony on: OS X 10.5 and 10.6, RHEL/CentOS 5.2 and 5.3,
Ubuntu 8 and 9, Fedora 10 and probably a few other distros that I
can't remember right now.  Only OS X 10.5 has issues because of PDO
(not an issue for sf 1.0-1.1 apps).  RHEL/CentOS need 3rd party PHP
5.2 packages but those are easily found.
--
Jacob Coby