I have a method which inserts an entry into the database, and I am
trying to retrieve it's ID immediately so I can return the data back
to the screen with javascript:

$this->ticketaddform = new TicketForm();
if ($r->isMethod('post') && $this->ticketaddform->bindAndSave($r-
>getParameter('ticket')))
{
    //method is shortened for clarity
    $c = new Criteria();
    $c->addDescendingOrderByColumn(TicketPeer::CREATED_AT);
    $this->newticket = TicketPeer::doSelectOne($c);
}

After the object is saved and stored via bindAndSave() I run a query
to grab the most recently created Ticket. Sometimes it gets an older
ticket, but sometimes it gets the last one. Is there a getLastInsertId
method, or some other similar technique I can use?

Thanks