Oh yes, and sfUser->getAttribute() has a default option if there is no value
to get. In other words:

echo sfUser->getAttribute('value_i_want', "default value");

If the session variable 'value_i_want' is set it returns that value else it
will return "default value"

--
Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com