I just did "grep -R catch *" on the core symfony files. These are the
catch clauses in the Symfony core:

http://lawrence.sds5.com/symfony_catch_clauses.txt

Not sure where to start to look, but I would assume that Symfony
normally catches the exceptions that it throws, and that your
situation is arising due to something specific that you've done. I
could be wrong, though