I think you are missing the images or they are in the wrong location.
If that is the issue that you need to look into the placement of your
jquery theme directory.  I had to put the theme directory, which
should include a css file and an images directory, directly into my
css directory. So in your case there should be a direcotry named
"smoothness" in your css folder, containing the aforementioned items.