Hi,

I'm working on a project where I have to deal with a database in
iso-8859-1.
I'm adding a simple blog-style (articles and categories) module (admin
generator-ed for the backend part).
I added 2 tables in the database : "Articles" and "Categories".
"Articles" has 2 columns : "Title" and "Content".
"Categories" has  1 column : "Name".
(and of course  both have an "ID")

The bloggy module will mostly be used in French, German and Spanish,
as I used TinyMCE for the "Content" all the non-ASCII
characters are properly escaped before being put in the database and
appear correctly on the frontend display module.

But "Title" and "Name" are not escaped and non-ASCII chars are
inserted as '?' in the database.

How can I force non-ASCII escaping before database insertion for all
the intputs of an admin generator-ed backend ?

I think about rewriting the save() method of my model objects (is this
the right way ? what are the things to add ?)