How many applications can you open on your desktop machine? How many
gherkins can you squeeze in a jar? How many inches in a stick?

We cannot answer that question. If you have crappy hardware, a slow network,
and overheated conditions you'll struggle to get one site running. However
if you had ...

Oh why bother! Just try it out! If you see performance issues by more
machines then. Until then keep on adding .... and try to think things
through before spamming the mailing list all the time

--
Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com