Why? Quite simply my programming skills/experience doesn't extend to
doing what you talk about in the time I have.

It is a trade-off.

I written the application to use the full Symfony framework however
the person responsible for the UI doesn't want to learn Symfony
templating to fix my mediocre HTML pages.

-Simon