Hi I've a question regarding how to design a feature of my project.
my project has a question/answer section, a forum section and a
tutorial section.
I want to add a "flag as inapropriate" functionality to each of the
tables (question, answer, forum, forum_comment, recipe,
recipe_comment). I want to have a table where i store who flagged
which object. if the same object if flagged twice then it's 'is_abuse'
field is set to true and the abuser's account is blocked.

now I'we two ideas how to solve this and Im wondering which one you
consider better:

1. create a single table with object_type and object_id as attribute
[code]AbuseFlags:
   columns:
    object_type:
      type: enum
      values: [question, answer, forum, forum_comment, recipe,
recipe_comment]
      primary: true
      notnull: true
    object_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
    flagger_user_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
    abuser_user_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
[/code]

2. create a separate table (like a m:n relation) for each object type.
[code]ForumCommentsAbuseFlags:
   columns:
    forum_comment_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
    flagger_user_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
    abuser_user_id:
      type: integer(4)
      primary: true
      notnull: true
[/code]

or do you have a better idea, I'm shure this has been done a coupple
of times allready!
As far as i'm concerned I wouldent mind having some model method
taking care of getting the table name of the offending object and set
it as object_type in the AbuseFlag table.I was just wondering if from
a design (and symfony -my first project with it-) point of view which
one made more sense

thanks a lot
Marco