Storing representation of dates, while not complex, really comes down to
what you want to do with them and the granularity you wish to work at.
You have several options - and different people have different personal
preferences and it boils down to where you want to do the processing.

Remember - what you store - isn't necessarily what you present.  You can
always accept date ranges in the model - and store it differently in the
db.

1) Continue as you are, represent days as single records and shift the
processing up a level to the model
2) Store dates as weeks in the DB - here your object would be have a week
represented and you'd compress/uncompress the information in the model
3) Store start and end dates in the DB