Ok, as a simple example currently one of my screens might select a
customer and store this id in session. Another screen might show a
summary of the currently selected customer and a form for associating
an order with that customer.

This is a simple example, (I actually have screens showing many
database entities in different contexts). Up until now it has been
very convenient to stick the current entity id in session and forget
about it, not having to worry about chaining forms and actions
together makes it much easier to focus on designing and supporting
multiple page flows.

However it all breaks the moment a user has more than one page open:
If while that second screen is open a new customer is selected in
another window the action will pick up the new id from session but
when the user submits the form he/she will see the old customer and
naturally assume that is who they are submitting the order against.

So I guess I'm being greedy and looking for a way to get the best of
both worlds. (A session-like container for me to stick my current ids
AND seperate states for each window. Any ideas?

Thanks