On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, mbernasocchi wrote:

> <?php echo link_to($post->getTitle(), 'post_by_slug', $post) ?>

Shouldn't that second parameter name the route and pass the slug? i.e.

link_to($post->getTitle(), '@post_by_slug?slug=' . $post->getSlug());

Im assuming your model has a getSlug() method and named routes usually
have a '@' as per the docs:

http://www.symfony-project.org/book/1_2/09-Links-and-the-Routing-System#chapter_09_sub_speeding_up_routing_by_using_the_rule_name

> my actions.class.php is:
>
> public function executeShow(sfWebRequest $request)
>   {
>     $this->post = $this->getRoute()->getObject();
>   }
>
> and in the showSuccess.php I've:
>
> <?php echo $bubble->getId() ?>
> <?php echo $bubble->getSlug() ?>

In your action you sent a variable called $post but then you're using
$bubble in the template???

> any Ideas why? as well, I was wondering what does the @ in front of a
> route-name mean? when do you use it? if I add it to my link_to I get
> an error saying that the route misses the slug.

Read the docs on links and routing, chapter 9 of the Definitive Guide.