> The "myUser" class handles all security and session related stuff. It
> does not know any model specific details, as there might be something
> like a username field or an email field in some database table.

ok.

> The "guard" user (the one you already have implemented) is the one,
> which handles all model specific stuff.

ok, also.

> So, the only thing you have to do is, to link the myUser class with
> your "guard" user.
>
> Add a method in your myUser class for retrieving an according and
> valid instance of your guard user entry and thats it (see getGuardUser).

well, this part is still confused to me...
do you have a direct link about "seeing getGuardUser"?

> The first step is however to validate the user, login and assign some
> credentials if needed.

i've done this part in the signin action... is it wrong?

> As reference you could take the security user of the sfGuardPlugin:
> http://trac.symfony-project.org/browser/plugins/sfGuardPlugin/branche...
> Take the methods and replace the content, afterwards you should get
> the idea behind this stuff :)

here my problem is that it does not seem possible to extend "my custom
user class" to sfBasicSecurityUser cause it already extends its base
class!
i'm stuck here...