Do you have the zend debugger installed on the server?
Check your web server (apache) error logs for Zend Debugger entries when
you use the page with Opera.

Sometimes the Zend debugger gets stuck trying to communicate with the
server side module - clearing your Opera cookies for your site will fix it.